Total Pageviews

Friday, May 11, 2012

6"s, 8"s who is more a man?


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Dr King.

Many of us have attempted to redefine what it means to be a man in this modern era. Now that those wheels have been turning, I would like to gauge the level of success of one man over another. Why? Well we are competitive, we are men after all right? Even as children, if one boy does something stupid, we try to do it as well, but we try to do it better. So how do we measure better, and how do we measure better as individuals? I personally am not curious as to gauge if I am better than most other men, I am thinking a measurement developed by you for you, will help you gauge your progress on being a better man.

Now the default that we simple sexed persons go to when we measure, is the size of our dicks, or our biceps. Seriously this shows a level of insecurities that would only lend to prove the theory of the lost man's neurosis. So how do you measure yourself? How do we as men judge even if we are men at all?

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." Patton.

You see to me you measure a man by what impact he has on the world around him. Is it a negative impact? Does he give people that creepy vibe, and fill others with fear? Or perhaps he left behind a positive impression. Did he change or alter the life's around him? Who cares if have more things, because things like you will perish. Deeds last for ever, so be they good or bad, your deeds will live longer than you. So do you rise above things, or do you sit around trying to get a tape measure around your junk. Either way you will tell a lot about you by looking at the process you choose.

So what do you build or destroy? Is your life the example of success? Screw the wealth gauge, but the social gauge. Will be people tell stories about you after you die, or will you simply fade away? That to me is the measure of the man. Words can move, but it takes action to build. It takes action to create stories, and in those stories you find immortality. Famous or infamous, you only live on by the impact you leave on others. So what do you do to create that impact? What makes you worthy of being great?

How do you do it as a man? Do you step in line and let others define your manhood? Do you embrace your laziness and accept the stuff people heap on you? Do you do whats right or do you do what you should? How do you measure being a man? What traits are yours? What makes you different from a ladies besides the world being your urinal. What defines you as the carrier of mixed up chromosomes? Are you the sum of your parts or something more. In this you will be able to gauge your own measure of success.

To some, success is being a fat bastard living in peace in his mothers basement. To others it is independence. To a few others it is what you have done and seen. So what is success to you without using money or things to define it?

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” Ann Landers

In understanding these things, I know my failures, and my successes. I do not have the best track record in the matters of the heart. In this I have success in developing my character. I know what I care about, and I know it is not things that pull at me. I know I am pushing to be better than I am now each day. I will measure my success, not by the praise of others, but through the understanding I know what I need to do each day. I will do what I need to do, and be the best I can be without selfish regard. You do the right thing because its the right thing, not for reward or fear. This is what makes you a better man, now you just need to figure out how to hear that right thing when it calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment