Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

When is a breast a breast or a titty?

Watching the news today (I know, I should not be doing that.) I saw a lady that put together a breast feeding rally to support female rights. Apparently this lady felt harassed when some of the store staff asked her to stop feeding her child. They asked if she would cover up or at the very least take a seat some where and not walk around shopping while she was feeding her child. Now I support breast feeding, and I love me some titties. I am even willing to get a pink ribbon tattooed on my body to show my support for breast. You could even call me a bra, I support them so much. I am also all about finding natural healthy ways to feed our children.  I do have issues with this though, as you would have guessed since I am taking the time to write about it.

So lets get this clear and said right up front. I am not against breast feeding. I am not against feminism. I am not against breast. I am not against a more natural approach to raising the little carpet crawlers of the world either. I will say though use your fucking peanut when flexing your rights as a human being. Cover your shit up. A blanket over you and your kid would be a traditional way to do things. Not because I don't like looking at titties, but because I don't chew with my mouth open and neither should your kid. Even if you want to say its not a big deal, it natural, so is taking a shit but I do that behind a door. Now you may like to watch me pee, or you might not even mind, but I do it out of respect for those that might not like to watch it.

You can choose your fights, but be smart about it lady. I am okay with you sitting in the plastic bench next to me as your kid gets his vittles, but cover it up. If you don't cover it up its disrespectful. How would you feel if I stared as you fed your kid? I am going to fight for my rights to not have your infringe on my rights to not see people pick their ass in public, or their nose for that matter. I do not want to see people eat with their mouths open. I don't want to watch people brush their teeth. I do not want to watch you change your kids diaper either. All natural things, but things you can do out of sight of other people. Last but not least you have the right to fart, but you do not need to do it in the elevator full of people.

So the purpose of this is for people to really think about what they are fighting about. Some things you really need to thing about how selfish you are being, and how stupid it really is. I am about each and every persons right to pursue happiness, but you have to think about how it will effect the rights of another to pursue happiness. If you are proud to be fat, that is cool, but don't expect me to want to see you naked. You may want to eat fat nasty processed foods, but I am not going to cover the cost of your heart transplant. You may like to beat off, hell that makes me happy too, but if you whip it out in public you are infringing on my happiness and my rights as a human being to not have your beliefs forced upon me. I feel the same way about public displays of affection, religion or what ever else you believe in that you think you need to share with me.

Really people choose your fights. If you take everything so damn personal you might be a self centered asshole that is not thinking about how the others around you are taking your actions personally. I do what I do, you do what you do, and that is the joy of being American. Just because something works for you, does not mean it works for me. So why not pick up an issue that really matters and make a stand on that. It is this misguided selfish bullshit that distracted us long enough for the banks to rob us. I can not wait for the zombie apocalypse, then people might figure out what really matters. So until then I say you pull your breast out in public and call it a right, I am going to flex my right to stare at them and hold up judgement cards. Don't get pissed if you only get a 2, not all boobs are created equal.

2 comments:

  1. "you could even call me a bra..." quote of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting chain of logic. All the same, most nursing women have at least a 5 for titties but not with a child attached to the breast.

    ReplyDelete