Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pray for the prey.

Yes it is that simple, at least in my mind. I think we make things much more complicated then they need to be. I am not sure why we do this. Gravity works, yes its a complicated process, but the concept of gravity is simple. This goes to a lot of things in life. We over complicate. We make it more difficult then it should be so we can have an excuse later to not do it.

I was talking with a friend today, and with some classmates over the last few days, and come up with something that is pivotal. At least it is pivotal to me. In the military, my mission as an NCO can be broke down to a easy to digest concept. I am not a leader of men, a mentor, or the guy that makes the paper move. Those are products of a much simpler idea. I am the taker of excuses. I take the excuses away. In that the only thing left is a choice by the person to either do or not do the task before them.

Excuses bind us. We over complicate this process we call life with excuse. From the day you are born you are one day closer to dying. We all have to do it. Its like pooping. It happens. So why would you deny yourself the chance to do something with the short life you have? Why would you worry so much about what you can and can not do? Why do we focus so much on the negative, and declare things impossible? The only thing that makes something impossible is the excuses.

We got to the moon. We created Velcro. We created the cheese burger. We left the damn trees and clawed to the top of the food chain. We are only limited by ourselves. Yet we continue to limit ourselves, and blame others for our issues. Oh I eat because my ma ma hated me. I am entitled to a hand out because it hurts to get a hand up. I do not want to be responsible for even myself. Oh yeah we do that shit.

How many times have you told people the reasons why you can't do something, rather then try, or just flat our say you don't want to. Oh I can't go travel Europe, it cost to much money, I am afraid of flying, I don't speak dutch, and my mustache is not cool enough. Well what if I told you that was all bullshit. You can get to Europe for a few hundred, and if you are real motivated you can get paid for the trip. Boats still go there, holy shit, and they need crews? Oh and hostels, couchsurfing.com, and similar stuff can give you a place to stay. Most bigger cities in Europe have a few English speaking people in arms length. Oh and good mustache is only a few years away, or a costume shop.

So stop telling yourself why you can't. Stop being a fucking victim. Sack up and live your life. Nobody else is going to. Stop telling yourself you are limited by anything. Life doesn't owe you shit, its not handing you a damn thing. You get out of life what you take out of it. You are not entitled to crap just because your mom popped you out her hole. You get what you get because you went and got it.

Take away your excuses and find a way. It might not be easy but it rarely ever is. Besides if it is to easy, it will probably give you herpes.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote this!!! If I can Sack up and you can sack up and get the shit done then so can everyone else!

    ReplyDelete