Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

I will take mine with a dream and sugar

I am going to say I have mixed feelings about Starbucks over the years. I love coffee. I can down a shot of espresso with or with out the steamed milk. I don't like their coffee though. I think they over roast their beans, and do things that take the flavor out of coffee. They did bring good coffee out of the country clubs and put it in the faces of the average Joe. So Joe now knows what a cup of Joe is. No the chicory filled cans they get at the grocery store.

They may put a Starbucks on every corner, and saturate the market. They may infiltrate every neighborhood like a plague of mass marketing, and clog up traffic with the morning zombies looking to get into the drive-thru for their fix. They do pay their employees a fair wage, and from what I understand their insurance is not the bad.

So like I said it is a love hate relationship full of mixed feelings. I got something in my email today though that is moving that gauge closer to support. I a note from the CEO of Starbucks, a Mister Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks. It actually made me realize that its not only the little guy that our current politics is threatening. We are not alone being fed up with the bullshit in Washington and city halls across the country.

Read it here. Outstanding! Now I am thinking I am gonna be shopping a Starbucks a lot more now. I support this, and will transfer that support by supporting their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment